Plan Your Visit
Research. Explore. Remember.
Taylor Memorial Museum houses a vast display of glass from local industry plus many interesting artifacts from the lumbering, mining, and farming communities in the surrounding area. A separate genealogical research area is also available for family research, especially for researching families of Italian heritage.
Admission is FREE.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 1-5.
Groups by appointment.
Call ahead or email for holiday and extended hours.
765 Park Street
PO Box 73
Brockway, PA 15824
The Taylor Memorial Museum is conveniently located at 765 Park Street in Brockway, Pennsylvania, 10 miles north of Interstate 80 on Route 219.
Research Library and Archives:
Wi-Fi – Feel free to bring in your iPad, Tablet, Laptop, etc. to use during your research.
Our knowledgeable staff and volunteers are available to assist both members and non-members visiting the center for research. Available in our files are:
- Surname, topical and ephemera files (Ephemera is any transitory written or printed matter not meant to be retained or preserved. Some collectible ephemera are advertising trade cards, airsickness bags, bookmarks, catalogues, greeting cards, letters, pamphlets, postcards, posters, defunct stock certificates or tickets, and zines)
- Family genealogies
- Manuscripts include: Bibles, diaries, scrapbooks, autographs, account books, personal and family papers, maps, surveys, and architectural drawings.
- Record Groups (Includes civic, fraternal and professional groups, church and cemetery records, business and industry, and schools)
- Newspaper microfilms including all available of the Brockway Record
- Directories and indexes
- Genealogical reference volumes
- Jefferson County Census microfilms
- U.S. Census search from 1790-1940
- Obits- Local newspaper obituaries
- Local histories, some church records, tombstone indexes, marriage indexes and other various records
- Brockway Glass records, memorabilia, awards, bottles, etc.
- Ancestry.com – Museum computers only.